Friday, November 28, 2008

Making Myself Available to Buyers

I was working my real estate company's kiosk at Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh today. Yep, can't believe I signed up to go to the mall on the worst parking day of the year. So why did I choose to try and do a little business there today? Simple, I figured there would be lots of potential buyers that might have questions about real estate. I actually had contact with eight people in the 3 hours that I was there. Each one of them asked me what I thought it was going to take for us to get out of the economic slump the US economy is in. The answer I provided was "you and me and our friends and their friends opening our wallets and starting to spend again." I told them how I felt we've been frozen in fear and we need to get beyond that... we need to get over this fear factor we'ver been trained to live in over the last many years... pull up our boot straps and get on with LIVING. I talk to people everyday. The "news" will feed you doom and gloom. So don't believe everything you hear on the evening news. Remember that real estate numbers that are important to you are the local numbers, not the national numbers that most news organizations report.

Today was the fourth day of this week that the Dow was UP. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have introduced new loan programs that our mortgage specialist can assist you with. There are still 100% financing loans .

So do us all a favor, loosen up on the funds you're holding. You don't have to go overboard in spending what you don't have to spend. But do spend. If each of us spend some of what we have, we'll warm up and the freeze will thaw.

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family this year. My two brothers and their families came to town so the whole bunch of us got together for the proverbial feast. More food than we needed but I love the leftovers and we don't waste anything. I hope you and your family had as great a holiday and wish you the best for the coming holidays.

No comments: